Whenever we visit the land of Rhode's Rolls - aka Utah - to visit my husband's family, I make a bee-line to the grocery store to get the Orange Rolls made by Rhode's. Easiest, quickest, sweetest little tangy baked treat I've ever found. These are right up there with cinnamon rolls for me. If you like orange rolls, then you'll understand my fanaticism.
Without further ado... let me present to you, the orange recipe I found via the "Get Off Your Butt and Bake" blog - though the link they had on my pinterest took me to an invalid page, so I came here to my blog to make my own - once I scoured their archives (and used their own photo!! - so here I am, giving them credit). I'll make annotations with my own changes:
YOU WILL NEED:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 orange peel, grated
18 frozen dinner rolls
(Like Rhodes Rolls)
1 recipe Orange Glaze (see below)
DIRECTIONS:
Combine melted butter, sugar, and grated orange peel in a bowl. *Place 18 rolls in prepared 9x13" pan, three rows of 6. *Once thawed through, but before they begin to rise, cut them (with kitchen shears) four times along the top, but not all the way through. This will open up the roll to allow for more sugar to stick! More yummy surface area is what we're talking about! Dump over each cut roll with a spoon. Allow to rise for three hours. Bake at 350ยบ for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Frost with Orange Glaze while still warm (I started the glaze with 6 minutes remaining on the timer).
ORANGE GLAZE:
1 Cup Powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons Orange juice
Mix ingredients together and glaze rolls while still warm *drizzle with a spoon
ENJOY!!!! I sure am!

No comments:
Post a Comment