This week has been pretty great - being home and all. I spoiled myself with shopping and music stores! I've gotten to see family, visit the hotels, get in touch with long lost friends and miss Mark. Whenever I go driving (my dad's been lending me his car since they've been out of town) is when I think of subjects to write about for my blog, but then when I come to write one I can't remember what it was about! So I guess I'll just go on typing and what comes out will be what comes out! haha
Yesterday night I got to hang out with Megan. She's getting married on Saturday and she thought she'd hang out with me one last time before she does. We were talking and she was asking about what's the greatest and worst things about marriage. So it got me thinking and I came up with a couple things. One great thing is that you're over dating! You never have to worry about dating again!!! It's great that you're with your best friend 24/7; well...i guess if they don't have jobs. ;) ha Then I said something that sounded weird when i said it, but I said, "you get to be that stalker you always wanted to be!!" HAHA but that's not what I meant really. What I meant by that was: You know how when you're dating someone you sometimes wonder 'why aren't they calling me? Where are they? I hope he's thinking of me..." BUT when you're married there's that trust factor that isn't always 100% when you date. With Mark I trust him 100% so i never have to worry where he is or who he's with. What I meant by "You get to be that stalker you always wanted to be!!" was that when you get married, you feel comfortable- there's no need for worry or stress. Then for the 'bad' things of marriage was ... well I could only think of something that is bad for any relationship; disappointment. When we were growing up we didn't want to disappoint our parents, and the same goes for marriage. You feel awful when you disappoint your spouse. But thank goodness it rarely happens - I have yet to disappoint Mark; that is because we understand each other and what does disappoint the other. We knowing each other so well we know how NOT to disappoint each other. :o) It's great!!
So that's my little blog on Marriage today. Sorry it wasn't much! But I owed Mauri another Blog to read.
3 comments:
I am very impressed with your wise thoughts regarding marriage. I would like to add that even if you DO give/get disappointment (and it will probably happen at some point) it helps to learn to love and accept each other UNCONDITIONALLY.
precisely! :oP all part of the 'understanding'
yay I finally got to check this and you had 2 new ones! One on yours and one on yours and Marks :) Me being out of town for 3 weeks has made mine fall behind...greatly! I'll have LOTS of catching up to do!
Post a Comment