March 28, 2007

la vida loca


I went and saw the movie "Premonition" today and wow. I won't give anything away, but I really liked it, though at the end I had tears on my cheeks. I just think it's nice when you go to a movie and leave with a new found appreciation for little things (or big things) in life. The movie pointed out how important family and loved ones are to all of us. Call me silly or call me intellectual, I think those kinds of movies should be more popular than they usually are.

Something recent. I went into Mexico a couple of weekends ago and it was a lot more fun going in with some friends. Mark and I might just be boring, but this time we walked around and Rachael knew where to find some really nasty candy. I thought I'd like it (because I like most anything). What the candy was, was a hard piece of mango candy (kind of like a mishapen jollyrancher), and it had chili powder ALL over it... even on the stick! I thought it was going to be really tasty, but I was sorely disappointed. Sorry Rachael, because you're probably reading this!! But I think I could learn to like it, but it was just too much to try any longer - I had to throw it away. Mark was swearing that I wouldn't get any kisses for the rest of the day, I don't blame him!

Our little Mexico day was a lot of fun with good food. We ate at this place called "Manuel's". From the outside it looks a little different than the rest of Mexico - like they took a couple more minutes to plan what it looked like. Then you walk in and you're kind of just blown away. It's very pretty inside - like the inside of an HGTV makeover restaurant. It has an intricate ceiling of wooden beams with orange faux finish painting where the beams create squares. Then on the back wall it's slate brick with glass light votives that hold little shimery candles. It looks so fancy with the waiters in button up shirts, black aprons and bowties that you're SHOCKED with the food is only $3.00 a plate. It's quite nice. We were able to find 30 oz. bottles of Vanilla that are like 50% alcohol - you know, the purest of pure vanilla and when we ask if it DOES have alcohol, the lady looks straight at as and says, "no." LIAR! But it was really funny, so no hard feelings. Only in Mexico! Adios.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Mexico, do you know exactly when Mark is graduating? If it works out, I want to stop there during that time on my way to visit Jamie when she and Rod go to Mexico in May and June. Let me know?

Jayci said...

He graduates July 27th, but you are still welcome to visit!