October 26, 2012

sending in the reinforcements

Thank you for the comments and texts! Mont and I have been making progress little by little, night by night. Every night is a little better than the last, and last night when he came into my room all I had to do was tell him to go back to sleep on his pillow, quietly, and he did. Or at least I think he did. He may have ended up in the rocking chair that allows him to see down to our room, but I didn't check.. I was too tired!

So to check without moving, I've ordered a video (with two-way audio option) monitor to see if he's actually on his pillow, on the rocking chair or trying to talk Emmy awake. ha!

To reinforce the need to stay in bed until a reasonable time, I've also ordered the nightlight that stays a moon through the night and turns into a happy sun at a time I will set. I have high high hopes for these two purchases and hope that they will be worth it! Friends of mine have sworn by both, and I'm hopeful Mont will do even better with these.

Every night I've been sending Mark email after email of updates with every wake up and scenario that went down so that when he gets home tomorrow he'll have an idea of what has been going on and what's changed at night. I love his encouragement. If we can start getting proper sleep every night, I can't imagine how much energy we'll have during the day to do anything we have on our to-do lists! Last night was close to a good night's sleep for me, and I woke up so happy (even though it was at 5:00 am still - the nightlight is coming!) and full of energy. Glorious!

I feel bad during the night when I'm 'not nice,' but when I cheer him on in the morning and he gives me that tired crooked grin with hugs and kisses, it feels like it was all worth it. Can't stop now! I'm too close to getting a good night's rest!

(first sleep post here)

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I remember those days! Scott would come get in bed with us and what finally worked was me leaving the bed and going to sleep in his. Then when he followed, I'd head back to my own. A few nights (weeks) of playing chase helped him just stay in his own. My mother bought me a plant when I was little and we named it. She told me the plant was my responsibility and that she (the plant) would be scared if I left her in the dark. Must have worked, and I still remember the plant! Good luck and just keep swimming!!

This is from Kristina Stokes btw..it's posting as "Unknown" and I can't seem to fix it!

The Mursets said...

Sleep issues are the worst! Ava is starting to have them now...She wakes at the same time every night and wants to snuggle. I just make her lay on the floor by my bed- but she grinds her teeth which keeps me up. I need to just start taking her back to bed. I was doing really well for a while, but slacked off and she is walking allllll over me.

Good luck with your new gadgets! That nightlight sounds great!

Holly said...

Hooray for the video monitor & the good nite lite!!! Hopefully they will work wonders for you as they have for us!!! I saw your post below & meant to come back & comment, but then I forgot. Hang in there! Sleep troubles are the worst. I really hope it gets easier quickly. A good night's sleep does wonders for my mood during the day. You're doing great--just hang in there!

MC Lewis said...

When I put the two girls in the same room that was an adjustment for Lana. She used to sleep in until about 8:30-9:00, now its more like 8ish since Ayvree is very much a morning person. Luckily I have a child lock on the inside of their room so Ayvree cant get out. Lana now knows how to open it, but it keeps them in their room safely while I get a few extra minutes of sleeep. I have heard that clock with the sun and moon is amazing though! I keep telling myself to get it, but never do.