September 1, 2013

the little silver notebook

I have been afraid to click over to this little sad and forgotten blog the last couple months.. I'm not even sure who even checks in on it any more. Google Reader has gone off the radar, and things for blog-hood just don't look that bright anymore. It's a sad realization. Though, I'm still a frequenter of my favorite blogs, but even my friends' blogs have been harder to check in on for me. Time seems to swiftly go by these days in these warm summer months, where enough time cannot be spend out doors, listening to the cicadas and bumble bees collecting nectar near our backdoor. My computer and phone are mostly put to use with instagram and pinterest, where projects, thoughts and works are being projected into the world of cyber-space at an alarming rate.

Veering down the other prong in the cyberspace-fork-in-the-road, where things don't move quite so quickly, my laptop of 7 years has gone to sleep and won't even think about waking up (going on two months now). When I walk into the Apple Store with my eyes narrowed and a determined smile on my face to talk it through, they actually have the gall to call my still-used-in-movies-[probably as a prop]-computer, "vintage." It has outlasted all of my desires for a new computer, and has worked ever so valiantly to produce all sorts of electronic goods, be it newsletters, blog posts, letters, journal entries, photo-books, or other fun and imaginable things.

I was at the point of photo-collection where my next photo-book project was in the works, (of course) and now I have to think of a way to get them all off the hard drive. Plan A is to get a new laptop in a couple months, and have someone with very thick glasses remove the data from storage and put it on the fully-memory-loaded computer. It wasn't even a virus that took my sweet little silver baby. It was just too much pressure on the Starting Disk (whatever that means... it even was sweet enough to warn me for, like, 3 months while I clicked and re-clicked the "ignore" button. oh dear..) It will probably work just fine once I get all the photos and music off of it. Mom, I think it will finally be time that you have a 'new' vintage computer all of your very own. ; ) You'll love it like your own, I'm sure.

Signing off until the next update,
Jayci R.

3 comments:

Amy said...

If I see an update on the sidebar of my blog...I always click on over...which is why I knew you posted.

I wish I saw more updates from all my friends much more often than I do. But I don't. At least there's Instagram. Honestly, my blog wouldn't be as updated as it is without the blogger app...it took one whole step out of my blogging process (although I still use a laptop for typing and formatting pictures).

Our desktop (where I used to primarily blog from) decided it was done connecting to the Internet for some reason...but I was determined to keep my blog going (for my own journaling purposes) and that is how I came to give the blogger app a go. Have you tried it?

Anyway, I am glad to see you updated. I am happy to follow you on Instagram (kind of a mini blog, definitely a record of life's events). And how sweet you are to read and comment on my own blog.

Anonymous said...

I still read.....

Brenna said...

I'm a friend of Aubrey's. I check your blog almost daily, hoping for an update. I love your posts. I've got kids close to your kids' ages and it's always fun to see how other young families are doing!