February 24, 2014

vanilla no bakes


Today I was lucky and got Mont to try a new cookie recipe with me. I woke up wanting to bake something, even if I didn't want to eat it, I just wanted to whip something up like a momma should on a cold snowy day.

Here's the recipe, as found on a pinterest link:

2 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter 
2/3 c. milk
1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla flavor pudding mix
3 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

In a large pan, mix together the sugar, butter and the milk. Bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add in the pudding mix, oats and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes. Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper and let cool. Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy like you are a 4 year old boy! : ) "Can I have another cookie??" "Can I just have ONE more?" "Please?"

1 comment:

Amy said...

I will have to make these. :) I pinned a lot of your "tried and true" (s), but I don't think I got these.