After a blizzard last Friday, some brave friends/neighbors (the Jones') drove the kids and I, plus them and their kids around in their big truck. I had thought about going out on my own, except I had JUST washed (inside and out) my car for a friend to borrow that night (to help us out no less).. so I voided that plan. Ha! Anyway, we drove around and admired the path of the storm the night before. This was before it hit again, and we got to spend all day at their house (we walked home later on and the kids just about lost it on that 4 houses-down walk) and the base was declared "closed."
The odd thing about this storm is that it was warm enough for it to be watery in the beginning, so everything that was touched, first has a crust of ice, then the snow came, and stuck to the ice; the temperatures then dropped, freezing everything (both ice and snow) in place for a week! The roads were incredibly icy (both crunchy and slippery), so it was good we were the only crazies on the road, in a nice big heavy 4 wheel drive truck.
Through the window:
Down a ravine:

No comments:
Post a Comment