May 3, 2007

hobbies shmobbies!!

I wanted to write a little blog tonight just for the heck of it. Mark is TDY on cross-country, and I don't like going to bed with no one to check the doors...so here I am at 1 am; what AM I going to do when Mark is deployed? I'll never go to bed...

Today I have been motivated to get organized and really start my soon-to-be hobby of scrapbooking. My neighbor Chelsea is a scrapbooking queen, and every time I see her scrapbooking room/nursery, I get motivated. I have a bunch of the stuff, but I just can't seem to LEAP into it. You know how you have to be 'inspired to jump' and all. Well, I just need to do it. I have pictures, and miscellaneous items that I have to put on paper, but I just need to think of a way to do it. When I work on projects for anyone else, I am very pleased with myself and how the project turns out. But when the project is for myself, I can't even figure out how to start...probably because I want it to be perfect the first time, and I know it just won't be!


One thing that I've found I'm okay at is gardening! Who knew after all those Saturday chores with Dad in the yard, I would ever learn anything? I hope my dad is proud, b/c I planted a garden. My garden is thriving right now, I'll have to take a picture in the daylight tomorrow and post it. In this garden, I have potatoes (yes, I planted whole potatoes from the grocery store because they were getting gross...and they're growing!), tomato plants from the Home Depot (2 of them), 4 rows of carrot seeds, and 2 rows of radishes. I also planted sunflower seeds along side our Carport, and flower flowers (not from seed) in our little flower garden. It is now a 'ritual' every day to go outside and water everything while Buckwheat sits in the grass exercising self-control to not go chase the squirells... it is VERY hard for him, but he's doing better!


3 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

I want a garden!!! First I will have to have a house we will be staying in long enough to see something grow, but you've inspired me! As for scrapbooking, I got into it when I was 12, but now I just put them on the computer and if I want a book of them, I make it with the apple books. It's a lot faster and usually costs just as much or LESS than scrapbooking. :)

Mars said...

You are such a cute little wify. Gardening, scarpbooking, etc. haha. FUN. I've never tried to grow anything...I wonder if I could do it. let me know how it all goes. You are SO creative by the way and anything you scrapbook I'm SURE is cute.

Anonymous said...

You are going to LOVE the home grown tomatoes in a few months!!! (Until it gets too hot.)