July 10, 2007

San Antonio's Independence

For the July 4th Holiday last week Mark had two days off work,which were Wednesday and Thursday (kind of hard when they're in the middle of the week!). On Tuesday, Mark surprised me with a trip to San Antonio the next day! So that night we went and saw Ratatouille (really cute movie), then in the morning we set off for our little Independence Day celebration. When we got to Sea World, it was still raining like mad, so we had to buy ponchos and be dorks for the first half of our visit until the rain cleared. I wore the wrong shoes and my feet were all blistered so I had to bend the backs down and RUIN my shoes. :(. I'm not going to attach a picture of us - because after all that rain and humidity, I think we looked pretty dang nasty! haha. But here is a picture of a Beluga and her baby - they're really tiny, so look close:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucketthere ya go. :)

Here is me and a horse behind - I had to take this picture! I miss horses...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And if anyone can tell me how to attach pictures normally like everyone else can, please help! I can't remember how I did it in my "Hobbies Shmobbies" post; I'm using photobucket HTML code and then resizing - is that normal? :o) So anywho, after Sea World, Mark and I went to the downtown part of San Antonio to check into our hotel room - Mark hadn't told me where we were staying, but when I saw it I was so impressed with him! He found this great hotel at a military discount and grabbed it. Here's a picture of our hotel room from the little garden thing, then me and the pretty fountain, Mark on the river walk, and then us together at the river walk. :D
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The next morning we went to the Alamo to remember the independence we got in Texas - every time we go, we're always impressed. It's a very neat place.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After the fun excursion we headed home and reuinted with our little pup who our neighbors were watching for us. Hope you all had a fun Independence Day!! :D

No comments: