July 14, 2007

drop night and showers

Last night was mine and Mark's drop. I won't be mean and keep you in too much suspense for too long, so I'll make this short and sweet. Mark will be flying the C-17! Where? Alaska!! We will move (PCS) to Alaska and report probably beginning of February. That is only my guess though, so I will have to post when for certain. We didn't think Alaska was a possibility; it was our first choice, but everyone knows it's rare to get your first choice. If I could figure out how to post a video, I would. But I'm still pretty naive when it comes to computers. Mark and I were both so excited. and in shock.

They did it like an NFL draft. They put up a picture of that particular plane they were going to 'draft' for and then they would call the name. Then after making fun of them and their better half, they would announce where they are going to begin their Air Force Career. So here is Mark's Air Force Draft shirt... and I have to disclaim that I look a bit different in this picture because we were standing RIGHT under one of those nasty lights that gives you the effect that you're Squints on The Sandlot when he's telling his "The Beast!" story

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mark and are are already thinking of how we are going to make it to Elmendorf, AFB, Anchorage, Alaska. It will be in the dead of winter, and probably icy. So we may fly, we may drive, we may have the air force move us, or we may move ourselves.

Today was a fun day! I had a babyshower for my friend/neighbor, Chelsea. Then Mark and I bummed around when he got home after he passed his civilian's pilot license test for the beach aircraft? I'm not sure if that's correct, but it's the same plane as the one he's been flying for the past 6 months. Then I saw a commercial for dip and chips, so I started to crave it. We went to the commissary and then we came home, took a nap, and woke up to a thunderstorm!

Our neighbors were outside playing in it in their swimsuits, narrowly avoiding all the close lightening. Mark went out to scrub down the car, to rid it of it's bug supply on the front. Our neighbor filled up a basin with water and snuck up on Mark!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mark fought back, and we called it a tie - because Mark's water was freezing. GO MARK!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh, and one of my loverly tomato plants fell over. I hope it wasn't it's last Texas storm:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

good day!

6 comments:

Brian Stucki said...

what a bunch of fun information!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. I have always wanted to actually see the Alamo and the river walk (it reminds me of Pirates of the Caribean). I am thrilled about your Alaska move...I felt so special when you called to tell me! GO MARK GO!!!

Jayci said...

Brian - it was super fun! We're so looking forward to everything

Aunt Linda - The Alamo does have an incredible feeling to it, and there's nothing like the River walk that I've seen. It's a very interesting place! And it was fun talking to you on Friday, glad I called.

Mars said...

wooohooo Alaska! PS I HAVE that shirt you're wearing!!!!! haha I love you pea pod!

Jayci said...

Mauri! You have that exact shirt? haha - weird, we are more like peas every day. But I bet yours cost more than $7!! ;) love you too, pea!

Michelle said...

Woohoo! Alaska is awesome! I found your blog on my sis-in-law Aubrey's comments. Prepare yourself...last year Anchorage was about twenty below in Febuary! We've recently moved to Valdez (where I grew up) - but we loved Anchorage! It's so funny - you're probably going to be in our old ward. We lived close to the bases and they made up for a good percentage of the ward, our really good friend is the Bishop there. It's a great ward! You're going to love Alaska! Good luck!