
So tonight Mark was supposed to bring over a few people who he needed to plan tomorrow's flight with, and I decided to be a good homemaker and bake some chocolate chip cookies. Our oven has always been... disfunctional...and it always decides to act up when I am under the gun. When the oven from the 50's decides to act up, it can do one of two things: the gas turns off, or it gets far too hot. Today it got too hot for the first batch..as you can notice on the left; the edges are dark brown and the centers are too doughy. That means it was cooking too fast. Then for the second dozen of cookies, who's catacomb was this stupified oven, they didn't even get to rest in peace because the oven turned off. You can tell it turns off by lighting one of the burners on top and you can hear the oven whistle back to life. I did, and it started to whistle. I then set the timer for 3 more minutes, because these cookies were still what you would call 'dough'. Then it got too hot, too fast...they burned too. That is when I started to throw the cookies off the sheet onto the cooler. Notice the mess! I'm laughing at it now, but boy was I frustrated with my dumb dumb for an oven. Anyone else have a tempermental oven?
5 comments:
no, in fact, I don't even have a REAL home of my own yet. But you're such a cute little wifey. I can see you in your kitchen w/a cute little apron on baking cookies and getting frustrated with the dumb oven. When I become a cute house wife and my oven acts up, you'll be the first one I call for 'what to do' advice :)
haha! It really did feel good throwing those messy cookies around. They needed to be tamed. I'll be so excited to give you whatever "what to do" advice that you need!
I always blame my oven too! And my smoke alarm and my pans...but it is usually ME :-)
haha! and your smoke alarm. I'd love to see you and your smoke alarm together in the kitchen! that made me laugh so hard
Post a Comment