July 13, 2007

fresh flowers and green tomatoes

I love fresh flowers in my house. There is something about bringing the outside in that makes it fresh. Hence fresh flowers. These are my recent fresh flowers that are about to be no longer fresh. I'm not even sure what kind they are, but they came in a boquet with purple daisies.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Then, as you may remember, I have two huge tomato plants that Mark and I planted a few months ago. They have survived multiple Texas storms and had a few close calls, but it just made them stronger. So here is a picture of some tiny tomatoes that will soon join their brother and sister tomatoes inside my belly! These are ones the squirells have not reached...yet. Buckwheat needs to work on his tomato guarding skills!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My favorite thing to do with these tomatoes when they're grown is to slice them up and let them be the T in 'BLT'. Oh my.. that sounds delicious for lunch!

2 comments:

Mars said...

YUMMM I love BLT!!! And those flowers are SO PRETTY! I love them too but I don't know what they are called.

Jayci said...

BLTs are some of my FAVORITE sandwiches! Thanks for the 'so pretty'! I love them too, and I feel sad i have to throw them out tomorrow - they were nice to have around.