I'm in Utah and have been for the last several days. It is so nice to see the warm sun and enjoy the wet snow (in Alaska it is very dry snow as it doesn't melt!) with Mark's family. We left after a full week of being really sick. I had been sick with two different bugs, and one is still plaguing me. Yes, plaguing. I had the stomach flu for four days, while struggling through a cold (nasal congestion and no sleep and now it is a cough) and then food poisoning on New Year's Eve. It really has been a plague. You see, I haven't been able to take much medicine for it because... well...
I'm EXPECTING!
I feel far and away looking at my situation and feel lightheaded and wonderful. It is exciting and terrifying. We are so excited and have been hoping for this news for a very long time.
This lack of blogging was because of how sick I had been, but thankfully, it is only minimally due to morning sickness. I am almost 10 weeks along and have my first (a little slow, eh?) doctor's appt in 2 weeks. I have been taking a lot of pictures so I have things to blog about upon my return to the Alaskan wilderness.
Hope everyone enjoyed some sort of Christmas Miracle, as I certainly did. Happy New Year, as well!
36 comments:
oh my gosh!!!! you're pregnant!!! i just read your comment on my recent post and gasped and paul thought something was wrong and i had to rush over here to make sure i didn't miss something. i'm SO EXCITED for you. ahhhhhhhh! you will be the best mother and mark the best father. hooray for you both!
but..i am sorry for all that terrible sickness. food poisoning AND the flu and a cold. oh dear. i feel for you, honey. feel better soon! ((hugs))
FINALLY you made it know to the blog world. Now I can actually write stuff about it instead of having to pretend I don't know. Phew!! Ah feel better & I can't wait to start seeing cute little belly bump pictures. I love you pod & I miss you! I need to write you a new update! Get lots of rest & feel better!
Hip hooray!! That's wonderful! Aside from the plague of yuckies that is. I'm so happy for you! So you're due July/August-ish?
Yay, you finally said it! I just told Grandma today you still hadn't posted anything. I can't wait to see your little Christmas miracle. Oh, and you can take tylenol, even though that really doesn't work for me. That's about the only thing they tell you to take while you're pregnant, though. Sorry you're feeling so bad.
I was wondering where you were!! When do you come back? Nice to see this post come about :D Tell Mark, Rock Band is great, so you guys have to come over!!
Again... Hooray hooray hooray!!! I'm completely torn between being hoorayful and offended! You're in utah and haven't called??? No amount of sickness or pregnancy should prevent it... I will bring you soup! Or whatever tickles your pregnant little fancy! So CALL me if you have any time!!!
YEAH!!!!!! I am SO happy for you and Mark, Jayci!!! Give yourselves big hugs from me!! Oh, and since I can't find my address book and wasn't smart enough to save your e-mail that had your address in it, can you send me your address? Then maybe the card that has been collecting dust on my piano can finally find it's home ;) Anyway, hope you feel better soon, and congratulations!!!!!
YIPPEEE!!!!! Congrats!!! You will be such an amazing mother, Jayci! I know you've been wanting this for a long time....remember sitting in my office in Del Rio asking me about being pregnant? I do, you thought you might be. I'm SOOO happy for you, I hope you start to feel better too. Take care, Happy New Year, what a great one it'll be for you!
Congrats!! We are about the same pregnancy wise..........hope you feel better though! How long will you be in Utah? WEre coming out there January 25th! Enjoy!!
Congratulations, Jayci! That's wonderful news! Sorry to hear about all the illnesses, but that's such wonderful news! Happy New Year and I'm so glad that you had a miraculous Christmas!
Congratulations! Thats very, very exciting! Morning sickness totally sucks...good luck with that:)
How very exciting! I'm so happy for you, Jayci. Congratulations!!!
yeahhhhh!!! Congrats Jayci (and Mark)!!! You're going to be such a wonderful mommy!!! I hope you feel better soon. Can't wait to see some preggo pictures!!
You're back! and PREGNANT! CONGRATULATIONS! i'm happy for you.
You finally said it! I was starting to wonder how long I was going to pretend to know but not know. You're in the big prego group now at church! See all you had to do is get up there and bear your testimony, breaking out hearts at the same time, and BAM you're pregnant! Can't wait to see this little miracle! P.S. we need a Thursday so we can TALK TALK TALK!
CONGRATS!!! To both you and Mark! That will be so exciting to have a little one. I hope you feel better. I can't believe all of those sicknesses happened at the same time! But your Christmas Miracle is so exciting!!
Congrats!! We are so happy for you!
You know, a little birdie mentioned your pregnancy to me a few weeks ago, but I was afraid to say anything in case I wasn't supposed to know.:) I can't even begin to express how excited I am for you. I can't wait to see pictures of your growing belly. Congratulations!:)
Congratulations and Happy New Year!!!
Congrats on your Christmas/New Year miracle. OH there is nothing as exciting as the first baby ...!! Happy New Year to you - Love, Wendy
I had heard through the grapevine that you were expecting! I am so thrilled for you. This baby is one lucky kid to have such a neat mom! I hope that your sickness dissipates soon. I think there is almost nothing worse than being sick and pregnant!
Congrats that is such good news!!
We are so excited for you. Grandma called me and told me weeks ago, and I've been patiently waiting for you to announce!! If you need anything or have questions feel free to call. I don't know how much help I can be this far away though. I guess that means we will be planning a trip to Alaska!! Yeah!!
Why am I here so late?!
Oh my gosh! I am so excited for you! I did a little squeal and told Ted...he is excited too! You will be amazing parents.
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the club!!! I just got past the sickness!! CONGRATS!! Whens the due date??
JAYCI!! I am glad you made it known. I have been wanting to leave you a comment but didnt know if you had told everyone yet! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! I am so sorry you are not feeling well. But I am SO HAPPY you have a little miracle growing inside of you. I hear you are coming our way in Feb.? Is this rumor or truth? I hope we get to see you guys very soon! We need to catch up and I want to hear all about everything you are experiencing right now. Love and miss you guys! And congratulations again on the wonderful news!
That's why you were interested in the cloth diapers! Now I get it! Congratulations to you both. And may your life will never be dull! Oh yeah, I really hope you get better soon!
Me too! You guys are both going to be great parents. Aren't you extra sleepy too?
Jayci,
This is the best news of the new year!!! Congratulations! You will be a great mom and you are already through some of the worst parts of pregnancy. Really (I can't tell you how happy it makes me...I can't wait to talk to Pete and let him know!!! Congratulaations again!
Aimee
hey jayci! thanks for saying hi! i'll have to add your blog to my list to check. congrats, btw, on the pregnancy! that's wonderful news! i bet stacey is estatic.
love love
rach & dave
Congrats Jayci!! That is awesome! Keep us updated!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so sorry you started out so sick--hopefully it will only get better! I'm so excited for you guys!!!
Yippie! Congrats to you and to Mark. What wonderful news. Eric and I could not be happier for you guys.
HOW COOL!!! Congrats and I hope you feel better!
congratulations!!! that's so exciting (i haven't announced it yet, but i'm only a few weeks behind you - hurrah!! - i'm waiting another month to let the world know :)) and yes, the sickness sucks!
Post a Comment