July 14, 2010

bad things happen to good people

(photo via Britni's blog)

A friend of mine and Mark's today messaged Mark that he had some 'bad news'.. so Mark stepped into the other room and called him quickly back.

The news was of a murder.

Is your heart beating faster? Mine too.

Our friend had us look on adn.com (Anchorage Daily News) at an article entitled: Woman Found Stabbed to Death.

She was at an activity-hike for the singles' ward with our friend, and later in the night, when people were expecting her, they went out looking.

Being the nosy person I am, I looked her up on facebook. Her pictures are that of someone who loved and lived life to the fullest- every moment.

The news article referenced her blog, so undoubtedly I had to check that out as well. All her posts have to do with thanksgiving, love of life, helping others, the beauty she sees around her, her religion, and her outlooks. She was a beautiful person, and will have great work to do now that she is on the other side.

I did not have the honor of knowing her, but a few of my friends did. Please pray for them and her family. I do not like thinking of this sweet girl's last moments on earth, alone, and more than likely, afraid. I hope she had some peace of mind thinking of her loving Father in Heaven before she slipped into the life after this.

I pray that she had comfort.

I pray that her family will now have comfort.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

that is so sad. surely it was not suicide - who could do something like that to themselves?? She seemed the the sweetest girl. I pray for her family as well. so sad. did it sound like she went on a late night walk? stuff like that rarely happens around there right??

Jayci said...

ugh my comment got deleted.... let me see:

I like to think that these are rare occurrences here, but just like ever big(ish) city, there are bad nights. I think with the summer-sunny nights, a lot of people go out walking late. Normally what you have to watch out for are bears; I think if she had bear spray on her at the time, she probably would have been able to stop the person, or at least get away. .. It's so sad.

Mars said...

That is soooo sad :(

Beth said...

That makes me so sad. One of my good friends (a wonderful member and so-Christlike) was murdered by her husband a couple years ago, leaving behind 2 boys. It was heart breaking. Bad things do happen to good people.

Amy said...

That is really sad. It is heart-breaking hearing things like this happen.

And about Beth's friend too, and her kids losing their mom like that. Very sad indeed.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

That is so sad Jayci. Her family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers as they come to grips during this awful time. Please be safe. Never go out alone at night with that baby! Keep your big strapping man by your side to ensure you are safe! :o) Love you!

Jordan said...

How sad... do you find it a little bit ironic that her last blog post was about the circle of life and that the picture was of forget-me-nots? ugh. I just feel so sad thinking about it. But when things like this happen we can all take comfort in the fact that she was done here and deserves to be where she is.

Jordan said...

(I feel a little silly now that the article mentioned the same thing I just posted in my comment. Didn't read that before I said it! sorry!)

Smedley Family said...

yeah, it's super sad!! she was a neat neat girl!

Kristina said...

That is heartbreaking. I hate that things like that happen to people. Not only a horrific death, but to be murdered?! My heart goes out to her family.