September 21, 2011

Ringling Brothers & Barnum & Bailey

The circus came to town!! We heard about it Thursday, Friday Mark got tickets, and Saturday we headed to the Pavilion that's home to the Sacramento Kings (Jimmer!).

We couldn't miss the opportunity for a big top, even if it's not a tent.. I think the kids loved it! But probably not as much as I did.

The elephants were probably my favorite, but I did love the tigers. They were huge, probably over fed tigers, but they looked soo so soft. I would have given one a pat if I could have. ... maybe. Here are the elephants walking out and around to their spots. Doesn't this remind you of Dumbo? I love how they hold on to the tail of the one in front of them.
Before the circus started, we were able to go down to the floor and get get up close to the clowns, the jugglers, and even an elephant! It was amazing being so close to one. Granted, it's no ride on an elephant (Mark.), or even like hugging an adorable baby elephant (Mark again!), but I loved it!!

In this picture you can see the tight rope (right above the pink-lit half circle), and the bikes that they rode on it with, and the 'whisker' things to help them keep their balance. I'm not sure what they're called. But wow that was high! Doing flips and jumps, and all sorts of tricks on it was a little risky.
What a circus!

iphone pics

No comments: