January 10, 2012

hat for a lumberjack

Not sure how, but he thinks he's a 'piwat.' But I say he's a pretty dang cute lumberjack. 

So here he is in "Hook's" hat:

Turns out his thumb is broken (you can see his wrapping in the first picture). I had a facebook status earlier last week saying that we were waiting to hear back from the doc who was waiting to hear back from radiology (the thanks goes to the small town-living). Anyway, we went in on Monday to get it casted, but I asked if we could continue with this removable doc-made splint. She said we could give it a try since it's such a small break, but we will be keeping a close eye on how he treats it, bruising, etc. We're beginning to see just how tough this kid is. He hasn't even had any tylenol for this, and he stopped crying pretty quickly after it happened. He's always getting hurt, and I try to tell myself that it's just partly because he's a boy, and partly because he's a two year old, but now I'm thinking it's because he has a high threshold for pain. I know he didn't get that trait from me... I'm a wimp and a half.

4 comments:

aubreyannie said...

How did he break it? Its so impressive that he barely cried when it got broken..what a tough little guy!

And love these pictures..and your wall color! Did you paint those walls or were they already that color?

Jayci said...

Aubrey - I was downstairs getting Emmy from her nap when I heard the crash/crying start, so I'm not 100% sure, but it was his new Christmas-trike. It had fallen forward probably when he was trying to get off and probably bent his thumb wrong.. youch!

Brittany B said...

I can't believe he doesn't really care. Cute hat, though. I'm actually really surprised that we haven't made any trips to the doctors yet for injuries.

The Mursets said...

Poor little guy! At least it doesn't seem to be bothering him much now....I love his hat, and your tree is AMAZING!!!!