January 8, 2012

lights out

We were the last house tonight with our Christmas lights on... we had become that one family. Oops! So when Mark came out of the guest bedroom to take a study break, I filled him in all nice-like that it was a little embarrassing to look out at a dark street and a bright yard. ha! He then quickly ran out and unplugged them, I just hadn't the heart for it. Look at that tree! It had taken him some serious hours to get all 29 strands of lights on that thing. Good thing housing isn't privatized here on base quite yet. That would be one expensive power bill!

5 comments:

hairyshoefairy said...

Nice job on the tree! I'd have a hard time turning those off, too. I've always wanted to have a tree decorated like that but the tree in our front yard is so big it would require a cherry picker to get up to most of it. If it makes you feel any better, my husband only took our lights down yesterday.

sby1955 said...

So pretty! I'll bet your neighbors were sad to see the lights go out...I would have been! xoxo

aubreyannie said...

Oh so pretty! I wish we had a tree like that in our front yard so we could decorate our tree with lights JUST like that! *psss..we still have our lights up (not plugged in) just because we've been so busy and haven't had time to take them down! And ours aren't nearly as pretty as yours!*

aubreyannie said...

p.s. that looks like a cold street!

Brittany B said...

I think leaving the lights on was worth it for this picture. We were lame and didn't even put lights up this year.