February 26, 2012

our snowy day


 Yesterday I got a text message from a friend that said, "church is cancelled tomorrow. please refrain from doing a happy dance." The only reason why a snow storm cancels church is because our ward boundaries include people 150+ miles away. That's one long drive in windy snowy storms. I bet the pioneers would have gone 10 times their distance if they had heated seats and windows that closed... makes us look wussy!

 So Emmy just did a little happy dance. 



When the snow did fall, when we thought it was done, Mark started to gear up to go shovel. So I grabbed the camera off its nail in the wall, and started to take some pictures (my mom recently asked for some non-saucey-non-iphone pictures - iPhones kill my motivation, they're just too easy!). I am still getting the hang of shooting manual again, but this camera we have now is all back to the basics, which makes it lots of fun, but I have to be fast with the dials to make them clear (like the one above.. not so clear, but it shows off her eyes! and goodness do I love her eyes. They must be a present from my mother, her namesake. Even though I'm adopted. My mom and dad are the only ones with blue eyes in our families!)

So on to the fun:

I am a mean mom and Emmy hasn't been outside a whole lot this winter. Maybe it's because I'm from the desert, maybe it's because it's just plain cold, but I don't know how to dress kids warm enough, and I don't want her to get sick. Mont is wearing two hats and two sweatshirts. Emmy doesn't have actual coats. Emmy has a carseat, and I think she'd just be miserable in there sitting on the driveway watching Mont run around like a free little pony. So instead, she's inside the window saying, "whyyyy!!"

So she found the next best thing.. the blind pulls. Woopie!

Here's my absolute favorite neck in the whole wide world. Oh, I just love to kiss and squeeze her!! 

Mont kept finding the deepest snow to just collapse in, 
thus leading to snow up the sleeves and down the pants, 
so Mark would run him in to warm up. 

but just one look outside, he turned right back around determined to go right back out:

So the process started again for a second time. 
"oh, Mont."


cheap. cold. entertainment. Happy snow day!

7 comments:

Rachel Lybbert said...

Great pictures, Jayci! Emmy looks SO much like Mark and is just adorable!

Kristina said...

I LOVE snow days. They're the perfect excuse to cuddle. :) That's crazy how far some of your ward members travel just for church! Yikes!
Emmy's getting so big and so cute! Sorry I haven't commented in forever, but I'm still reading! :)

Beth said...

I love those pictures. What a cutie!! I don't miss snow though. Brrrr...making me cold thinking about it!

The Mursets said...

Brrrr! I wish we would get some snow here...we finally broke down and bought the kids "real" winter gear, this is our 3rd winter here and the first with no snow, figures.

Stay warm!

Brittany B said...

She is so cute. I have some snow suits I can send if you need them. I think my small one is a 2T but it's a one piece with attached gloves and hood. Let me know if you want me to send them you're way.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hug and play with her! Jayci you take such simple-beautiful pictures! I need your help with that! xox

aubreyannie said...

when we have snow days here, i bundle the kids up in their snow clothes and have a spare set of gloves, hats and scarves in the house so when they get soaked through, they come inside for a cup of hot cocoa, i swap them into dry gloves, hat and scarves and they head back out. then i put the wet stuff in the dryer. it's an all day cycle of snow play and they LOVE IT.