Well let's take all of Mont's beach and ocean experiences and put them all nice and tidy, into one little seashell.
It all began when I showed him that if he held the shell up to his ear, he could hear the ocean. Though we keep the shells in his and Emmy's bathroom, somehow this particular shell finds its way into my bag, or our family room, or other similarly unexpected places.
The magic that this seashell holds for Mont is undeniable. He sees it and thinks that he can instantly be transported to the place where there are ocean waves, where there is sand, and sea weed, and fishies, and crabs, and birds, and sharks, and friends, and most importantly Grandma and Tiger (Grandpa) and Pirate Cave.
He holds it out to us and asks us to "Open it?" "Get 'em?" "Get Grandma? Tiger's in der!"
When he realizes I can't open it, he hopefully realizes his one last chance is what might get him his Grandma and Tiger.. He tells me that he's going to "Get 'em?" and then puts his little fingers into the shell and says, "I got 'em!"
The smile on his face tells me that he is on that ocean with his Grandma and Tiger, so I don't say anything.. I just smile and wait for his imagination to come back to me.
4 comments:
that is SO CUTE!!!
That is the cutest thing I have ever heard!!
So perfect! I so wish that we could go back to memories that easily. Thanks for sharing that!
ah! how so very precious.
Post a Comment