One wonderful perk about this new assignment and living on base (combined), is that we get to see a lot more of Mark, including during the day for lunch. Today, he made us spaghetti!
(Emmy being a sweet saucy girl and eating her spaghetti with her two little fangs)
(the smile that gets Mark and I laughing every time)
Mont, as always, cried and ran away at the mere mention of trying a new food. In an effort to get him to try new foods, it's either, take one bite, or no this or that... or okay, then you have to eat an entire piece of toast; all of it. It's a wonder he doesn't starve! Thank goodness for cereals and fizzy drinks (Emergen-C mixed with V-8 fusion) and Carnation Instant Breakfast (his 'hot cocoa').
So here he is, in all of his toasty glory egging Emmy on for one more AHH!
I really hope he gets tired of toast soon.
We're finally feeling better around here. We had a ferocious cold the last 2 weeks, and finally after a blessing on Sunday, my ears cleared for a few minutes for the first time in 8 days. It's been so fun, let me tell you! But we're all on the mend! Hallelujah.
The sun has also been showing more of it's warm "fire" as Mont calls it, and I'm itchin' for Spring already. So exciting!
Emmy is a full on crawler now and loves to pull herself up and stand whenever / wherever she can. She is really good at avoiding furniture on the way down, thankfully! She also is starting to do the Mowgli crawl (with her knees straight, bum up). She says "Mama" in her crib when she's wanting me, and "Bah-bu" whenever she sees / gets close to Buckwheat. She is a hoot and a half! I hug and kiss her way more than she probably wants me to. Not possible, right??


10 comments:
They are adorable. That is so funny about Mont. So, I know you are in the AF... where are you living now? I know you were in Alaska before. Dan is probably going to join the AF doing the Health Professions Scholarship for medical school... he met with the recruiter today and we are still deciding... . I know it's worth it but it would be hard to have him leave me! How has it been for you?
Ahh! They are so cute and have grown so much! At that very first picture I thought, "look at little mont!" and then realized it was Emmy. But then as I went through the pictures she started to look less and less like him until the picture of him popped up and I thought that they actually look really different! I love both of their eyes. You have some cute kids:)
And I totally get the picky eater thing. That's Madeline and it drives me crazy!
Your kids are just adorable!!
I love the spaghetti fangs! haha She is a doll. Sorry Mont is being a picky eater. I used to only eat like 5 things, now there are only 5 things I don't like, so hang in there!
Wish you were closer. Ella would love Emmy. Your kids are totally changing. Mont's profile picture is totally you, but that smirk is Mark. And Emmy is completely Mark. I think it's funny how at different stages they flip to look like the other parent. My kids do it to.
Jayci!! Hey!!! I can't believe how BIG your kids are!!! I still think of Mont as a baby but I forget he's a big brother. Emmy is soooo adorable! She looks just like her mama :) I had no idea ya'll are in North Dakota. We're kinda close to each other now haha. Wish we were closer so we could hang out, we miss ya'll!!!
Carter ate Carnation instant breakfast his entire first 5 years of life. It was all I could get him to eat. Now he eats everything and I can't keep him full!
what darling, darling photos! ack! love them so much!
mabel is a super picky eater too...our doc suggested emergen-C {which she loves} and odwalla superfood and veggie booty. all of those things she will drink/eat..but i love these new ideas..i might have to head to the grocery store and get v8 fusion and carnation instant breakfast. brilliant.
and yay for getting to see more of mark and him MAKING you lunch. that is so sweet!!
I have the cutest grandbabies in the whole world! Love to Mont and Emmy. xoxo Luv Grandma Stacey
Your kids are cute!!
Post a Comment