September 8, 2012

Nauvoooooo

[On our way from North Dakota to Alabama, we stopped here in Nauvoo for some fun]
[August 8-10]

the oxen - Mont and I wanted to keep them.

 

still running like no tomorrow


 

Mont was lulled by the clopping of the horses' hooves on the pavement.
It may have been the calmest 45 minutes of this entire trip so far.
Maybe we do need to move to Nauvoo after all.. :)


No one knows quite where her curls came from. I hope they never leave!

This was Elder Heaton (a cousin of the one we know Mom and Dad - small world)


not bad for a self timed shot! I ran and scooped up Mont, cowboy boots and all for this picture.

We stayed inside the old old Temple House, converted into the Woodruff Hotel.


It was really fun to stay somewhere that had been visited by Joseph Smith and Brigham Young. 
I thought it was beautiful inside, but the squeaky hardwood floors had been covered up.

Family photo flops: 
We handed our camera off a few times for family pictures, and every time I apparently forgot to switch settings or something.. cause every one of them is a flop!


And these people never told us when they were taking pictures! Just kept talking to us and saying,
"oh! good one. Oh! Good one." Well... better luck next time. My favorite is Emmy's belly shot - baby bellies are just SO squishy.



1 comment:

Kristina said...

Y'all are such a cute family! I'm still loving your blonde hair--are you? And man, you've been a world tripper this summer! I have to say that I'm jealous!
And you think you've been a slacker on commenting?? I haven't commented on your blog in months, so I definitely win the jerk award. But like, I've still been reading! :)