Just realized I never posted this on my blog. This is a painting I did in June for the Reeder Reunion.
It was an 11 x 14 inch acrylic on canvas; bid on and won by Jacqueline Reeder who promises to "take care of it and look at it everyday." That made me smile!
Update** While cleaning out my emails while watching the news on this election night, I found what Mark had sent out to the Reeders. That made me smile too.. so for remembrance's sake:
Hello Reeders,
I just wanted to send out a picture of the painting that Jayci did. I don't remember the exact dimensions but I do think it is a little wider than an 8x10. Jayci won't talk about her talent much but I personally think that this is one of the finest paintings that she has done. Perfect for a kitchen and a little reminder of Peach Days and those Reeder Peach Queens (Marlene Monica and Bridget)! I can just see them on those Peach Day floats now. Elbow elbow wrist wrist wipe a tear kiss kiss Reeder girls! We are sorry that we can't be there with you all. I think we really are going to miss out on a good time, especially if you can get Mindy, Jennifer and Shelly to sing another rendition of the 1988 Reeder reunion favorite "I'm a little bit..little bit...little bit sad...little bit little bit little bit glad!" If not, maybe some "Country Roads, take me home"? Uncle Chris's homemade root beer out of a milk can is always a favorite of mine. I am also sorry that I won't be there to crinkle my raffle tickets and again sweep all of the prizes like 1996. Do you remember that? I do. Most of all, I will miss Uncle Dennis like I know you will too. I love you Reeders.
Mark Reeder
I just wanted to send out a picture of the painting that Jayci did. I don't remember the exact dimensions but I do think it is a little wider than an 8x10. Jayci won't talk about her talent much but I personally think that this is one of the finest paintings that she has done. Perfect for a kitchen and a little reminder of Peach Days and those Reeder Peach Queens (Marlene Monica and Bridget)! I can just see them on those Peach Day floats now. Elbow elbow wrist wrist wipe a tear kiss kiss Reeder girls! We are sorry that we can't be there with you all. I think we really are going to miss out on a good time, especially if you can get Mindy, Jennifer and Shelly to sing another rendition of the 1988 Reeder reunion favorite "I'm a little bit..little bit...little bit sad...little bit little bit little bit glad!" If not, maybe some "Country Roads, take me home"? Uncle Chris's homemade root beer out of a milk can is always a favorite of mine. I am also sorry that I won't be there to crinkle my raffle tickets and again sweep all of the prizes like 1996. Do you remember that? I do. Most of all, I will miss Uncle Dennis like I know you will too. I love you Reeders.
Mark Reeder

4 comments:
wow, this is really beautiful! you are so talented.
That's gorgeous. I would buy that if they sold it at target.
Jayci that's incredible! I wish I had your talent.
That Jacqueline is a lucky lady. Nice work, Jayci.
Post a Comment