November 8, 2012

haste

                

A couple days after Emmy was born, I was feeling anxious about everything about to happen; the move, selling the house, moving a second time, etc, so I began to paint. What began was the turquoise sky and green grass, calming and relaxing. Today during the midday wind storm, Emmy napped and I brought down my brushes, filled a jar with water, sat down and took some deep breaths. Though this time I didn't continue with the same calm sky, I painted a feisty little honey bee. 

Both times however, this painting served as a relaxant for my nerves. Both times, the wet paint served me well. Today I let the bee do the hastening, while I curled up with my babies after nap time and just soaked them in with all the hugs and kisses they could handle. That's been happening a lot the last few days, and I throw a party over just about everything, just to rain even more Xs and Os all over my little two honey bees. 

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

Beautiful painting and beautiful words

Anonymous said...

Jayci you are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Jayci you are so talented!

Amy said...

Talent.