At Target this morning, there was a store worker doing inventory who asked if I was finding everything okay.
"Yes, just browsing. Thank you."
Mont chimes in after about 90% of these exchanges and brings up something completely unrelated, but that holds great interest to his own self.
"I have a GUN in my car!"
My eyes go wide and I try my best smile when the store employee looks at me and gives an uncomfortable laugh.
I explain, "A toy gun! Man, he's going to get me in some trouble!"
Mont doesn't stop there.
"There's BONES in there, too!!"
My face turns beet red, and the guy looks really nervous now. I can tell he's trying to decide if he should laugh or run. My voice is shaky and a little higher pitched as I try to explain this one:
"Sorry!! He has a toy pirate gun from the pirate ride at Disneyland, and there's a skull and crossbones on it!"
I don't even remember watching his reaction, because I was probably looking around at who else just heard what Mont divulged. It was terrible... TERRIBLE. "There's bones in there TOO?!" Kid!!
Should have just clamped my hand over Mont's mouth and run for it, letting the guy think what he would, but my sense of humor and sense of self-assurity is not quite at that level; maybe another 15 years, give or take a lifetime.
Drink up me 'earties. Drrrrink up.
4 comments:
So awesome!! I want to meet that kid!
Mont might give Jameson a run for his money with things he says. At least it was a toy gun. I'm waiting for the day Jameson tells Dad's "secret" to someone.
I can't stop laughing! Love Mont!
i haven't checked your blog in ages, and when i do, I get this post. Totally worth it, it just made me laugh out loud! xo
Post a Comment