October 31, 2010

bippity boppity boo - quilt

It's finished!! Well... except for the tag, and I need to tack down the skirts and shirts, but that's it. So I'm counting it as done. I "finished" it a while ago, but for the life of me, I haven't wanted to sew for weeks and weeks, about 14 to be exact. But now that I'm feeling a bit more energetic at 17 weeks (not at 100% yet), I've sewed up the tag, and now it just needs to be hand sewn on. 

Here are some more details I like: 


 And here's the last of the 'wordage': 
Flanked by sparkly pumpkins: 
OH! Can't forget the witches' eyes:


And here is the one my mom did when she came back in June, the nose throws off the look a bit: 

And finally, the tag that has yet to be written on and sewn down. I had huge plans for the tag, including an entire pumpkin patch of mix-and-matched sizes and colors, candy littering the ground with a toppled over treat bag, and so forth. But with how I've been feeling, this will do. So I love it: 

Happy Halloween! 

11 comments:

Jordan said...

great job Jace! did you have a pattern for this??? it sounded like your mom made hers up somehow. Anyway VERY cute, and I'm glad you're feeling better, even if only a little :o) good to know you're on the up and up!

Kris said...

You are AMAZING! I love, love, love creations like this! What a talent to have! Hope you keep feeling better. Best to you always!

Beth said...

Wow! Nice work! i love it.

MC Lewis said...

That looks amazing!!! One day I will complete a real quilt. Really I know I have said this before, but I want to live near you. You would be so much fun!!!

julia said...

love this. you are so talented. i could barely get an outfit together for ronin and here you go w/your halloween quilt. it'll be so fun to put it up every year! i can't wait for the video w/mont saying 'smell my feet'

Mars said...

dang that looks awesome! You are getting good at that!

aubreyannie said...

how cute, jayci! you are amazing!

Amy said...

A-MAZ-ING! You are one talented mama jama. :)

Anonymous said...

You are truly talented Jayci! What's the going rate for one of your fabulous quilts?? I might be in the market for a Jayci original! ;) By the way I don't think I have congratulated you on your new tummy! so...CONGRATS!! Two is crazy/awesome/crazy!! ;)

Anonymous said...

how cute are you!!? amazing. you have some lucky kids...their mom can make anything!

Kristina said...

That is so awesome! I love love love it. You are so talented. Your quilts are seriously the cutest things I've ever seen.