Also known as "the northern lights":
Last night I (and all the other late night Eagle River-ers) were lucky enough to see the entire sky light up with the celestial glow of solar activity. There were two sun-storms on March 7, and we have been anticipating the arrival of the rays... well, here they are!
Photo taken by our friend, Rick Neff at the elementary school up the street, exposure time 30 seconds. This photo is facing North. As he was taking this, I was staring at them out my bedroom window, about ready to smash my own camera for not knowing how to work it! I'm hoping tonight I have a chance to capture my own shot of the Northern Lights.
I can't begin to explain how amazing these are in person. They dance and move so exquisitely ... never seen anything like it.

8 comments:
so cool!
AAAAAH... I want to see!
That's so neat. you need to figure out that camera so we can see more pictures of these lights.
so cool! i wonder if it would do it any justice if you video recorded it.
Thanks for all you comments on my blog :) You are so nice and you are a cute young mom having lots of kids! When is this little girl due? Do ya'll have a name yet?
It is one of my dreams to see the Aurora Borealis! So surreal! Wow...every time I see a picture I swear it's not real! But, one day I'll definitely see them with my own eyes!!!
how incredible!!!! that's on my bucket list. i'm sure pictures can't do the real deal justice, but that photo IS amazing. hope you get your camera figured out! a BEAUTIFUL world wonder.
wow, that's amazing!
One of my life dreams is to see the northern lights in person. That picture is pretty awesome though, and will satisfy me a little longer. :)
Post a Comment