March 18, 2011

when life hands you lemons

you paint them! 
 8 x 8 acrylic on canvas

I painted these sour sweeties tonight in preparation for our ward's Relief Society Service Auction tomorrow night. I would have done something non-take-homeable, but with this baby coming any time now, I just wanted to not worry about it after tomorrow night. All that's left is a little signature... can't let these ladies forget me!

More fun with food/kitchen items, Mont found the strainer:

Decided it might make a good hat:

That didn't work out too well, so he decided to play the drums and knead it like bread:

Thanks for the sweet thoughts on my last post! Today was much better. And I got a nap.. so nice..

happy St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

Mars said...

pretty lemons! You are talented! And I love sweet little Mont!! so cute! Wooohooo for baby girl time though!!

Jordan said...

you can paint ME something anytime you get bored ;o) haha love little Mont and your perfect pictures of him, always. Love you Jace!

The Willis Wonder Years said...

WOW on the painting! And Mont is so sweet! I love his little dimpled hands drumming on the strainer!

Chelsea said...

Jayci! Best of luck with everything. I hope thing go smoothly for you with the new baby and upcoming move.

Kristina said...

You are so talented. I never knew a painting of lemons could be so beautiful!