Grey has always been a color of comfort for me. Growing up in an extreme desert as a child, the thunderous days of rain have always been a favorite, and I'm sure they always will be. The greys found on this beach hold that same special color, so forgive me while I indulge my color palette for a moment:
the rounded rocks from years of being tossed around in stormy beaches:
the bleached color of broken driftwood:
stacked rocks (not my doing, but I did have fun adding the fallen rock back to the top!):
Mark is becoming quite the accomplished photographer.. even though I may grumble while he takes a few extra moments, the wait is worth it nearly every time. He has gotten some spectacular shots on our outings thus far:
I'm curious, what is your color of comfort?




7 comments:
after these pictures, I think mine's the same as yours! anything beachy is so nostalgic for me, and these pictures definitely look like west coast beaches. sigh.
I love all of your pictures. My color is white. If that counts as a color. Of not then I think grey/tan beach-on-a-cloudy-day colors are it for me. You posted a hallway on pinterest and the colors there are perfection. I can't stop thinking about that picture! Makes me want to move to a new house with a long wide hallway just like that(I hope you know what I'm talking about!)
I love the gorgeous photos! I think that my color is red. I love vibrant flowers and sunsets.
Grey is my favorite too! I love your line about the desert storms, it's true, that is an intense, beautiful grey feeling to me. Grey's the color I painted my room, it's my favorite color to contrast with bright colors, it's soothing, it's universal, it's the only neutral I always think looks pretty around me.
There is something very cool about the color grey.
Green. It reminds me of home! But I have recently fallen deeply in love with gray.
definitely blue. the ocean, the sky. they inspire me to take a deep breath and relax. so peaceful.
Post a Comment