While routing our drive from Washington to California, Mark thought it would be interesting to stop a few different places along the way. First stop, was the Timberline Lodge at Mt. Hood, Oregon. The outside of it was actually used for the horror film The Shining... scaaary!
Doesn't it look like it's sinking into the snow?? That's Mt. Hood in the background:
Once we got the kiddos all snug and asleep, I grabbed the camera and walked around the hotel, exploring every nook and cranny.
The snow has totally encased the back side of the hotel, covering all the windows with about 20 feet of snow:
When you walk in, there is a huge mosaic, then there is this huge painting. Mark said when he went downstairs with Mont to grab more luggage, he actually saw a huge St. Bernard just walking around... I never saw it when I went down right afterwards.. I think it was a ghost. ha!
Fun facts:
Out of all the rooms...:
We had room #102. Wonder why PO Boxes still don't look as fancy as this:
Since I'm not a huge winter-sports sorta person, and if I had lived back then, I probably would have been found here playing some fun table tennis.. competitively, of course.
This is only one of the stairway carvings. There were so many other animals carved into the stair posts:
This was a fun find. Remember these old school notebooks? I remember finding some of my dad's way back as a kid (whatever happened to those, dad?). See the skier on the folder? That was used from this picture taken on the slopes of Mt. Hood. So neato:
And that concludes this tour..












3 comments:
That must have been a fun adventure around the lodge. Love the details you captured.
What a cool hotel. I love quirky little finds like that. So much better than a Marriott.
how cool that you got to stay there. i love those p.o. boxes..such detail!
and the hotel being covered in snow? gorgeous.
Post a Comment