July 14, 2011

photo gram

In an effort to play catch-up, here are some photos from WA via my iphone. I keep telling myself that once I get to an okay point of catch up, that I will blog more often and more regularly once again. Let's see if that holds true! 

The drive through the forests of Olympic National Park (after the previous post's pics were taken). This is only 7 miles from Forks, WA... so dream on!)

While in WA, I was lucky enough to visit with my dear friend Aubrey, and her three children. Even though it was her birthday, because she is as generous and giving as she is, she of course, had gifts for all of us. She is so, so, so wonderful. She is one of my friends I would take wherever I move if I could. Here is Emmy's sweet something: I fall in love with these little kickers every time she wears them.. so perfectly sweet.

Every day, multiple times a day, I would find my dad staring out at this.. and then when I would stand up with him, I couldn't pull myself away easily. I love visiting their home! Not only is it peaceful and lovely, the surroundings are breathtaking.

When I first arrived, my mom told me there were giant tulips in the yard. I was thinking they would just be a tad larger than the normal 3 inch tall tulip bud. Boy, was I wrong! Hold out your adult sized hand.. go on! Stretch out your fingers as far as they can go. These pedals were as long as my thumb tip to the tip of my middle finger!!!! I would have taken a photo of my hand doing this next to it... but my hands always look like alien hands in photos. So sorry.. just take my word for it. These were a good 7 inches!! Take a look at the bottom right hand corner and you'll see the typically sized tulip. Oh! They were tremendous.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

I want to visit your parents' house!! ...please. :o)

and Forks.

Amy said...

Always a pleasure. I like getting a little more detail behind your pictures.

Kristina said...

I want to go to Olympic Nat'l Forest so badly. That first shot is so pretty. Kurt's grandma actually like in Sequim, which is really close to Forks and actually mentioned in one of the books ... hah!

aubreyannie said...

the olympics are soo gorgeous. they seem almost fake they are so deeply green and magical. i'm glad you like little emmy's shoes. they seemed so her {and you}..maybe they fit her now??