Opening a book of fairy tales, reading over those mystical words, your mind begins to paint pictures with shockingly vibrant colors, and dark charcoaled shadows.
Seeing the Hoh Forest in person, literature-like scenes where dwarves, giant spiders, unicorns or even terrifying werewolves would be common place began to materialize before my eyes. (are you thinking of the same books as I am?)
Just as I began thinking that I could almost lay down and fall asleep on the blanket of soft moss, my eye would catch a slimy trail from a giant banana slug, and that thought didn't seem so appealing any longer.
We even were able to see some elk in this cove of trees. Mark took a better picture than this on his panoramic film camera, but this blog may never see that one, unfortunately.
Just trust these photos when I say it was beautiful.
ps - this forest is a mere 10 miles from Forks, WA (I was so excited)
ps - this forest is a mere 10 miles from Forks, WA (I was so excited)




4 comments:
Beautiful! Man, I don't think I have ever been anywhere that green before!
This doesn't even look real! How gorgeous. I'd like to imagine unicorns in there over giant spiders...
You're an awesome photographer with and incredible camera, by the way. Have I already told you that? I've meant to!
So gorgeous and soothing (because green is my comfort color, yes? :)
it has been years {when ava was a baby i believe} since we've been there but i still remember how unreal it was. love these pictures!
Post a Comment