June 1, 2011

batdog


Have you ever seen Homeward Bound, where Chase (the goofy dog voiced by Michael J. Fox) is head out the window with ears straight out to the wind? He shouts "Batdog!"? Well every time my sister and I saw that as littles, we would laugh and laugh, and ever since, I still remember that a dog with its head out the window is lovingly referred to a "batdog." Longest sentence ever, right there. Did you go back to read it? I bet you did. ha!

Well... here's Batdog-Buckwheat. My pooch. Because California is a land of warm weather and insects, we thought it best if Buckwheat stayed in Alaska just for the time we are in Temporary Living Facilities in CA. TLFs are already pretty bad... but add in a pooch and you've got bugs (ticks and fleas find him rather handsome) and added dirt. Thinking of that and a new baby....

We rented him a family. A sweet, rambunctious, perfectly adorable family to keep him loved and entertained for the 6 - 7 months we're in transition. It'll be my HUGE birthday present when Mark flies back to get him. I love that man of mine! I do miss my fuzzy shadow quite a bit already, though. Happy bat-days, Buckwheat.  (Picture is on the way to Nicole's for the big drop, I even rolled down his window)

1 comment:

Kristina said...

That would make me so sad to not live with one of my puppies for even 6 months! You're such a good mom to your real babies and your fur baby. I'm sure he misses y'all just as much!