June 12, 2011

the pest

Anyone ever read the Beverly Cleary books about Romana the Pest? My little sister read it, and I think this was her edition. I even remember she loved the story... perhaps she even tried one or two of Ramona's pesky tricks on me, I'll never know:
When my mom was visiting, I ordered the movie Ramona and Beezus from Netflix, and for the record, I am giving it a rave review. Just thinking of it makes me want to watch it again. I laughed, I cried, I swooned, I adored...  truly, I did it all. Sorry mom, you were right next to me while I was on the roller coaster.

There's a lot of love,
a lot of funny, (I almost lost it when I saw this part... even looking at the picture has me rolling again)
and a lot of just plain old family fun:

I think I'm going to add this to my movie collection, I liked it that much. So, even if you have boys, even if you've never heard of these books, even if you don't like happy things, go watch this movie. You have my 5 star recommendation. "It's picture-perfect, right?" Right.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

haha! I love you Jace. I read these books growing up, they were some of my favorites! I guess I'll have to add it to my netflix queue as well. :o)

Kristina said...

I'll have to check this movie out! I loved Ramona in elementary school.
Hey, your posts aren't coming through my reader entirely anymore. Just a little snippet. :( Not sure if you can fix that or not (or if you did it on purpose! if you did, just ignore this. :) )