Emmy's blessing happened on May 15th, with both sets of parents and even an Aunt. Even some good friends we know from Texas, the Rays, came to the church for it.
My mother brought up the same dress that all of us girls wore, including herself! It's a handmade dress bought by my Grandmother Barrett in New York way back when. It was a little big for little Emmy, but still perfectly darling. I loved seeing her in it..
Mark had also been asked to give a talk, addressing his Young Men, which was perfect because he was able to say his thank yous and good byes on behalf of our little family in addition to all the spiritually-juicy stuff. Boy, did I cry a lot that day! Sarah! You did me in at the end.
Here is the crew; it was so nice to have our parents with us! It was a full house and loads of fun - I am so lucky to have in-laws and parents that get along so well. It was a blast. Lots of laughing!


5 comments:
She is so beautiful Jayci!! And how special that she got to wear the same dress all of you did! Looks like a wonderful visit with family!
that is so cool about that dress! I hope it stays in your family for a looooong time!!
So cute! (and blessed, to go with the title) :)
I love the history behind the dress.
So cute! What an exciting day!
That is so cool that all of you girls got to wear the same blessing dress. I love that tradition!
Post a Comment