April 30, 2012

granola


Every now and then Mont will get a healthy hankering, which I'm always too happy to oblige since they're so few and far between. This morning I was trying to guess what he was saying... it kept sounding like "gorilla." When I finally got it, he said, "mmhmm!"

So, after a fb request from Julie, here is the recipe we used this morning for 
Mont's Gorilla Granola: 

2 1/2 c oats
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c chopped nuts *I omit
1/3 c butter
1/3 c honey
1/4 c wheat bran *didn't have
1 t cinnamon
1 t vanilla

Preheat oven to 325ยบ

On greased cookie sheet, put mixed ingredients on, and shift occasionally, baking for 20 - 25 minutes.

Mark enjoys his with milk, but I love it most straight out of the oven 
when it's still soft and chewy... mmm. 

2 comments:

The Mursets said...

Yum! I need to make some today!!! My recipe is really similar. I sometimes use maple syrup (for half the honey) for a different taste.

Marie said...

Mmmm, looks so good Jayci!