December 31, 2012
2012
There was a lot packed in to this year. I can't even count the number of plane rides, the number of hugs, and hellos or goodbyes. So much to fit into a mere 52 weeks. I get all mushy when I think of what was lost and what was found, what was given up and what was obtained; not only by myself and my family, but our country, our religion, our world, and our humanity. Lots of heartache, lots of triumphant joys. Tears and laughter filled many moments, and those moments are precious memories to me. Weddings and funerals, vacations and homecomings, packages sent and received, kitchen mishaps and athletic feats.
2013 might hold all sorts of new adventures for us. We have no idea, and that is half the fun, isn't it? As long as we have family and friends, food and comfort, we can say we have it all.
At the close of 2011, I was done with stress and ready to relax and enjoy life at a day to day pace. New Year's Resolutions were out of the question. It served me well for this year of 2012. I still had many new experiences, exercised, read books, watched lots of movies, visited many new places, and spent time with my loved ones. This year, however, I am ready to pace myself to meet some new goals. I have slacked off the exercise the last bit and have been motivated to get back into yoga. It's been a while, and it should be an exciting challenge. I want to read more. I want to sew more. I would love to be a finisher. And an organizer. Learning systems that work for my house to enable myself to be more of a teacher for our two little ones. I want to teach them all the numbers and words I can before they start school in a couple years. It's coming fast and I want to prepare them with the best head start I can, for whatever lies ahead. I would love to finally get a bicycle and take bike rides with Mark around our neighborhoods and around the woods in back with our two stinkers strapped down with their arms and voices up in the air as they hoot and holler with excitement. I would like to get out and walk more with the kids and the pup. Before it froze here, I took all three of those little ones out and Mont and Emmy practically sobbed and fought the whole time for Buckwheat's leash. It was a joy.. but if we do it more often, perhaps they'd gladly share the responsibility of my commands to don't let go! hold tight! chase him!
This year we are going to learn more scripture stories and I am going to strengthen my own testimony. I am going to read the stories of The Friend more often to our children and explain more enthusiastically the simple truths of the gospel. The love learning. They love to play. And Mark and I want to enjoy it all with them.
Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It will be fun to see what your new year brings and see these little ones and their adventures!
Post a Comment