February 17, 2013

7/52: Noah

from Katherine's Instagram
"Living the Gospel does not mean that the storms of life will pass us by, but we will be better prepared to face them with serenity and peace." -Joseph B. Wirthlin 

Sweet Noah passed away in his sleep on the night of the 10th, and this picture was taken that same day. I'm sure this will be a treasured picture for the rest of forever as they wait to be reunited with their littlest boy. My heart has been breaking so often the last week and a half as I think of our friends. There will never be words strong enough to emphasize our love for them, so we just pray. Gratefully, prayer is a wonderful thing. 

history: Katherine and Daniel are friends of ours from Alaska, and she is sisters with Aimee, our sister-in-law.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh that is heart breaking. That picture is definitely a sweet little treasure for his family.

The Larsen Life said...

oh my gosh! Reading stuff like this kills me! How sad! That cute sweet boy! Do they know why he died? Thanks for sharing the quote! Makes me hold me kids a little tighter and be a little more care free with 'em too.

Kristina said...

That poor family. Thank goodness for the Gospel! Without it, I don't know how people get through tragedies like this. The first night we had Lincoln home from the hospital, I cried from the weight of all the anxiety I felt for this little boy's well-being. My heart goes out to your friends. I know they'll see their sweet boy again one day.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

Life seems so unfair sometimes. I am so grateful that even though we dont understand it all, that the Lord has it all figured out. That poor family is in our prayers and thoughts.