"Living the Gospel does not mean that the storms of life will pass us by, but we will be better prepared to face them with serenity and peace." -Joseph B. Wirthlin
Social media has really shrunken my social world; when friends go through things, I feel it more deeply and more quickly than I would have hearing news through the grapevines of word-of-mouth. A couple different friends have lost some dear little loved ones the last two weeks, and my heart just aches for them.
Inadvertently I squeeze my two little ones tighter, and smile a little longer as I listen to them and their frequent babblings. They've been getting away with a little more, and I'm not quite sure that I mind for now. For the moment, I have been reminded once again to enjoy everything completely. I remember hearing other friends who were moms long before I was, talk about their greatest fears being that something would happen to their little children, or their husband. I couldn't understand the depth of that fear until I had my own. I try not to let fear overpower my mind as I think of what could happen since I know that fear is the opposite of faith. I'm not sure how I would handle losing a little one, but in my moments of pondering and deep thinking, I am reassured by my knowledge of the resurrection. How grateful I am that we will be reunited with our loved ones again; young and old alike. The above quote is one I read yesterday, and it has since stayed close to my thoughts, as a constant reminder that we don't know what experiences are around the corner. All we can do is prepare and make our testimonies as strong as we can, to ensure that we are able to stand against the storms that will surely come to us in this life. At times this life can seem just too hard, and at those times, I hope everyone can feel the love of our Savior, and the love that is present in the plan of Salvation. Without His love, there would be nothing to hope for. With it, we have everything to hope for.
2 comments:
That is a great quote.
I always try to live by faith rather than fear too. Was it Sister Beck who spoke of being a woman of faith rather than fear? I suppose I need to find and read that talk again.
I'm sorry for your friends' losses.
Ive never really thought of fear being the opposite of faith. The fear of losing my children to some unknown tragedy is almost paralyzing to me and I've often wondered how to overcome that. I think this post was written just for me. Thanks Jayci:)
Post a Comment