Sorry for friends who follow my instagram feed... the next several posts will probably have the same pictures you've already seen. We sold my actual camera, so while waiting for the next one the phone pics have had to compensate! (nothing too exciting on the camera front, just an updated version. But I'm plenty excited!)
Anyway, here are the two bunnies after they hunted for their eggs, but before they opened them (at least for Mont). When we got home from church, and after the kids' naps, we were getting ready to eat dinner, then afterwards have the egg hunt. Well as I was finishing up some dinner, Mont went upstairs to visit my mom who was visiting, and happened to look in her closet. AH! Having been sleepy from late-night stuffing, my mom simply laid the baskets of eggs down on the closet floor, just waiting for a wandering child. AH! My mom felt so bad, and my teasing probably didn't help, but I thought it was the funniest thing in the world!! Mont was so excited to have "found the eggs" and wanted to show me SO badly. I quickly explained to him that the Easter Bunny still had to come hide the eggs for the hunt, and we shouldn't look at/in them until the hunt-game has been finished. Not sure how it went over, but he seemed happy with that lame explanation. So we had our friend Andrew ring the doorbell so we could make a big deal that "The Easter Bunny's here!!! Go wait in your room until he hides them for you!" Eh. At least Mont picked up the concept that Easter is about something more important. He loves to say, "Jesus came alive again!" I just clap my hands and say, "That's right, Mont!! You're so smart. Isn't that wonderful?!" He said it tonight (April 10th - I'm backlogging these posts, sorry) again and all the excitement and wonder was still all there. Happy Moments.. happy moments.

1 comment:
Such cute little bunnies! I love that Mont remembered the real reason for Easter...that is adorable!
Post a Comment