Our sweet and sassy Emmy had her birthday on the 4th, making her an officially terrible two year old. Actually, she's still pretty dang sweet, and hopefully it's the sticky kind of sweet so it'll stay around forever. We sure love this little beam of sunshine and are so so grateful she's ours. Today I saw the sweetest thing.. I'm backlogging this, so this happened on the 10th of April: While playing with another little boy, Mont thought the boy was going to claim Emmy, so in a rush Mont ran up to Emmy, hugged her face tight to his chest, and said, "No. She's MY sister. Not yours." Emmy's smashed face and wide agreeing eyes was all I needed to see to know she was happy right where she was. She hugged him about as tight as he was hugging her. Nothing would have been able to pry them apart right then. I just wish they would be amicable like that all the day long! That might be my birthday wish. : )
Emmy eating her birthday pancakes; I figured she must be recounting all of the many experiences she's had in her two little years. This girl has been all over the place!
Her shabby birthday cake. My friend (@ashtonscurr - bless you) said it looked pretty and whimsical.
I'll take that over shabby! ha ha! At least it had "sparkles!"
Waiting for the song to hurry up so she could get to the cake!
I screenshot this during a video my sister Tessa took on her phone, so it's not all that clear... but I just can't get over her cheeks in her hands... She couldn't even contain her excitement! It looks like her elbows are resting, but they're not... she's just that happy about everything in this moment:
She blew her candles out like an expert! One.. then two!
First pair of heels and already she's got her hand on her hip.
Happy birthday, my sweet little honey bee.







3 comments:
Two already!?! Where does the time go? I love her excitement in those pictures.
She sure is sweet. Brielle just barely turned from sweet to spicy when she was 2 years and 3 months. But she's still fun even though I struggle to deal with all the sass :) Miss you!
I literally cannot believe she is two! I feel like she was just BORN. what a sweetie!
Post a Comment