April 20, 2013

painting pals


This week we painted quite a bit.. on this particular morning, I needed to finish a small painting of my own, but I knew that would be impossible without satiating the need my two pals have to want to paint. Did that make sense? I knew they had to paint first if I was every going to be left in peace to finish my own. And it worked! Emmy and Mont painted for about 2 hours together. I was standing near, replacing water jars and dispensing fresh paper when they reached their fill, and lots of elbow wiping. But after those two sweet hours, I was able to turn on a little movie with a snack, and set to work myself. I carried on through nap time, then I was done when they woke. It was definitely a win win, and their paintings were showed off to a proud papa when he came home from work that night. I think we'll be doing this again very soon!

No comments: