Mirror Lake is pretty big, and I'm sure it's pretty cold; even still, kids were trying to get their parents to let them swim! Lots were fishing, some were swimming, and some were canoeing. When the sea planes would come in for their landing, I could hear the parents say, "I hope their watching for the swimmers!" Ha!
Through the trees on the left (next to the tan tent) was where our spot was. I looooove Alaskan aspen (or are they birch?) trees. ooorrrrrr.... both?
Even with the bit of crying he has done since last night and today (cutting the top two (or maybe even three) top teeth), he was happy and loud at the BBQ. We almost got hit once with the kickball, but our friend Nicole literally shouldered that burden for us, narrowly missing her baby, James. Thanks, Nicole! Then Taryn Gray (no one in the world, like her) went over to the group of men/boys playing and said, "it's a lot cheaper to fix a broken car than a broken baby's head." yikes! They shifted the bases to be facing the parking lot after that while Taryn victoriously told us about her tale of spine.
Mont is my best buddy. I love having a little person with me all the time, especially when he squawks and squeals when he sees King Louis or when someone surprises him with a growl and a tickle-shake (I can't think of a better name for what it is).
I think Mont was watching kids run around in the dirt when I held the camera in front of his face. I think he wanted to get dirty too... This picture makes me laugh because of his cute little neck - lately he strokes his neck or cheek with King Louis' tale when he's trying to fall asleep - it is the funniest thing I've ever seen.
While nearing the end of the BBQ, all the parents started to round up their kids like little lost sheep. They were all covered in dirt from head to toe! Every last one of them. These two were the first to be noticed - not only are they funny every time I see them, but even more so when covered in dirt, mud, soda, BBQ sauce, and whatever else they found. I loved it so much I had to take a picture and tell them to watch The War - these kids looked like the Lipnickis! I'm taking them the movie for them to watch this week. This picture doesn't even do them justice. They just look like they have great tans compared to the reality of the situation. Jessy said to me before they left... "my kids are so FILTHY! Mont is going to do the same thing someday!" I just laughed and then thought I'll probably be taking pictures of him then, too!
Later on facebook, Jessy (their mom) said, "... an awesome BBQ with amazing friends. I really feel blessed. Might not have blood relatives in AK but I sure do have family."
So, so true. I feel the exact same.
PS - Happy Memorial Day, everyone!
5 comments:
Alaska is SO beautiful! I can see why you want to stay. :) Also, I LOVE the picture of you and Mont--it couldn't be more perfect! You look gorgeous and he is super cute!
So pretty! Good friens are always nice to have. Mont looks like such a good mix of both you & Mark! And you are just gorgeous. Always. Inside AND out!
I wish I was the one to think up that quote... "might not have blood relatives but sure do have family." I love that! I'm just glad you have lots of good people to keep you company while Mark's gone. You're such a trooper! You can always come stay with me though, if you like!
Mont looks like such a little man! He is so handsome. Alaska looks so nice, I think that I could handle the summers but I am pretty sure I would die in the winter.
That place is so pretty! AHHH! I need to go to Alaska!
Post a Comment