A while ago on my house blog, I did a tour of our house. Lots of things have changed since then... paint in baths, couch in the basement, Iranian pots above kitchen cupboards, etc. and now THIS.
I finally have something above our bed! My mom and I painted this the last few days. Really my mom did most of it... like 80% of it. I kept wanting to do my 'sketch' strokes and we would both go crazy. So I stepped aside for the last bit of it and watched in awe as she gracefully brushed the rest of the bamboo leaves to the canvas.
We used my mom's oriental screen from home as inspiration and now when I see it, I think of all the times I would be practicing the piano as a little girl, stop, pout, and look up above the arch into the foyer where her screen was and think, "whyyyy can't I be outside with my friends??" Then I'd keep playing.
But now, as I look at this, I am filled with excitement; this is something my mom and I did together! AND I am proficient (enough) at playing the piano and don't begrudge my practice.
So now back to the screen. The champagne-colored gold-metallic paint overpowers the matt-and-muted green of the bamboo, so at different times of day you can see it differently:
with flash:
without flash:
happy painting to you all!
15 comments:
THAT is FABULOUS!!!! Now I want to see your Iranian pots - see if they're like any in my parent's house :)
Sooooooo beautiful Jace! It must be awesome to have such an artistic mother. I love love love love love love LOVE the metallic champagne paint.... siiiiiiigh! Very cool! I can't wait until I have a house I can paint my own walls, and have enough of them that I need to MAKE art to hang on them. Right now we don't even have enough walls for the stuff we have! Sad. When I do though... I'm calling YOU up for a week or two and forcing you to make art for me! (or with me, but then I'll just be jealous of yours, I know it.) Is begrudge your new favorite word??? haha... good choice. :o) I'm coming to live with you.
p.s. where did you find your bedding??? I've been wanting something shimmery and luxurious since we've been married, and I love yours! any place we have here in Utah?
No. Way.
love it. love it love it love it.
That is gorgeous! You and your mom are one dynamo team!!
I love your whole bedroom. Can you help me decorate ours? I thought I could do it, but you are awesome! If only I could paint. Actually if only I could draw. Great job!!!
Wow... Jayci, that is beautiful!
Wow! You two are so very talented! It is gorgeous.
We sure enjoyed seeing Mark. We wish that we could have had you and Mont as well. Maybe some day. Thanks to him we are becoming more acquainted with Elvis. :)
I can't believe how big Mont is getting. I was telling Mark that I thought that he was starting to look more like him, but in the post below I think he looks so much like you. He is just a cute guy!
you both are so talented! i love it!
wow! That is awesome! You and your mother are both so talented! Love your bedding too. peeeeerrrtttyyy!
wow. that is kind of amazing.
I LOVE IT!!! Pure perfection:):):)
I've always told Kevin when we get a new bed I wanted a painting from your mom to go above it. And now you have a beautiful one! One day we'll get to that point :)
aaa MAZING!!!!! So beautiful!!! I want one!!!
wow! that is so pretty! your mom is so talented!
Post a Comment