I'm in Utah now and just arrived yesterday after a great few days in the sun of Oahu. What a great trip! I'm glad we went. Mark talked me into going anywhere (are you thinking 'had to?') ... I really was done flying after October. I'm glad he did, even though the flying has been hard. Mont does well, but flying is just hard. For me, Mark loves it. Those baggies are my besties.
The fun in the sun only was for 1 of the 3 beach days (rainy!), but I got a touch of color to make me feel less like a character in Twilight... always good to be less sparkly, right? Being with my family was so relaxing and nice, fun, eating and sleeping, resting and then Mont getting bruises all over the place.
We had our small little Christmas before we left, and had our annual (or bi-annual if I have anything to say about it! I could eat it every single day) monkey bread... pulls apart with almondy syrup? deeelicious.
Mont had too many presents to play with at once, including things for Mark to 'help' him with: a remote control Deere tractor, and a remote control helicopter (Mont loves those things).
Watching A Christmas Story while cleaning up and cooking our small celebratory dinner (turkey breast in a crock pot! Dad's herbed recipe is scrumptious + mashed potatoes - easy!).
Still to do, pizza party tomorrow, Christmas Eve fireside in the Reeder's basement + shows (Mark and Michael are going to do something ridiculous, I just know it). Opening presents (or watching Molly open her presents! lucky duck), more monkey bread! (yes yes please please!), Christmas dinner, carols (I've already been heating up those Steinway ivories!), and pictures in front of the tree.
The heat was grand, and so is the warm and toasty cocoa.. Christmas is the best and greatest!
It is after midnight now, making it Christmas Eve! My eyes are heavy and my brain is fuzzy.. this entire post just might make absolutely no sense. And with that.. sweet dreams.
4 comments:
So glad you got some sun, not so fun about flying. And, monkey bread should be a weekly thing. I haven't had that forever. Might have to make some for Christmas Eve like you.
I wish there was a LIKE button for blog posts.
I miss your brains out.
MERRRRRRRY CHRISTMAS!!!
awww love it!! PS I'm in Utah too! I saw Jo last night but it would be fun to see you too. Bummer. Maybe one day!
Can I have all mentioned recipes? Thanks. ;D
Post a Comment