We went to the beautiful state of Hawaii for our first destination, to visit with my family. it was great seeing them again, and also really great to be in some warm rain and warm sunshine.
The rain I'm talking about was incredible! I've only seen rain like that once before and it was in Brazil - very tropical and heavier than you'd believe. The mud was insane (and everywhere from the flash flooding), and turned the marina that lovely rusty brown color.
Recognize that ship? It's the BLACK PEARL from Pirates of the Caribbean! I had no idea they had been filming a fourth movie, but now I'm really, really excited. Mark says it looks less complex than the third and more down to the basics of pirates. The ship was really intricate looking (from as far as we were), and really spectacular. Made me want to wear some rags, tie on a bandana, maybe even sport an eyepatch to climb aboard! I would have done it!!
After Hawaii, we jet setted for Utah.. landing back where hot cocoa and fireplaces are needed. It was a nice balance to have a little sun, then a little snow.
The entire family was there - it had been a couple of years since we last saw Mark's older brother Mo and his wife Tory. They just found out they're expecting a baby BOY. I will have a nephew! And Mont and ___?___ will have a cousin! Here's the family picture we took for Stacey's V-day card send out:
We had lots we wanted to do, lots we did do, and some we didn't do. One of the things we almost did was visit the lights at Temple Square. We had gone to visit my grandparents and got to pass them with a cranky Mont wanting cookies. They were beautiful! Maybe next time, Mont.. I'll be sure to bring the cookies.
I got my peppermint bark from Williams Sonoma, Mont had his first candy cane, and we had plenty of chocolate between the three of us, and lots of boxes to open and presents to play with. It was a great trip... but next time I'll hope for more direct flights!
Mont loved the boxes... Merry Christmas and happy giving!
7 comments:
awww fun times!! You look darling. Mont looks so much like Mark! Hope you're feeling better now!
Wow! Little Mont looks just like Mark. For a while I could never decide who he looked like, but I have finally made my decision. Mark! All the way
Mont is getting so big! What a handsome young man! I can't wait to see how beautiful your daughter turns out!
You look great!!
Mont looks like a little boy!! not a baby! ... does it make you sad? it does me. I know it is a happy thing... but I'm crazy emotional, so... tear!
oh my GOSH, jayci. 11 flights. flying is not my favorite thing {being cooped up with no leg room in that artificial air for long periods of time} but add being pregnant onto that..ugh. BUT, family visits are so very important. :) mont is getting so big..what a sweetie pie!
I discovered peppermint bark this Christmas and can I please say that it's utterly delish? Mmmmm... I think I'll make some for Valentine's Day (from leftover candy canes).
I want to go to Hawaii soooo bad. That's so fun you got to go. But 11 flights? That's miserable. Good thing your destinations were Hawaii and family, and not something lame like North Dakota.
Post a Comment