Our Bishop posted this on his FB about the experience they all (Mark included) had last night. Can't Relief Society do something like this?? I mean.. come on, what a fun trip!
"Spent a wonderful time this weekend with the Priest Quorum. We cross-country ski'd up Eagle River Valley about 3 miles on Friday night, spent the night in a Yurt, eating great food, telling jokes, and having a very spiritual discussion about Book of Mormon Heroes, recognizing the Spirit, and missions. The setting was beautiful next to some rapids on the river, fresh blanket of snow and wolves howling in the distant."
The food they had was rib-eye steaks, potatoes, green beans, with apple pie and ice cream for dessert. The jokes they told were about a club-foot and a wood-eye, the Book of Mormon heroes were several, including Nephi, Moroni, Captain Moroni, Ammon, and Mark's heros (or heroines) were Ishmael's daughters "cause they were all hot" (no wonder he's in young mens! haa).
What a fun night - wish I had either a) gone with, or b) been able to see some pictures! Mark's hands were pretty full with bags, skis, and pulling sleds with food. I don't blame him... Mark says we'll hike up there "with our little munchkins" this summer. I'm excited!
*I only knew what a "yurt" was because I watch Sarah Richardson on HGTV - isn't cable the best?!
2 comments:
i just learned what a yurt was a couple of weeks ago because we were going to rent one this summer! We miss ya'll a ton ...hopefully we'll get to meet your little munchkins someday :) do ya'll have your baby girl named yet?
I just learned what a yurt was a few weeks ago. I want to stay in one! How fun!
Post a Comment