October 5, 2011

moving day has come again

Mt. Williamson of the Sierra Nevadas by Ansel Adams

I am up far too late (11:11 pm - make a wish!) for the eve of yet another moving day. Today we met up with some great friends for a brunch at Awful Annie's (it was far better than the name deludes - I am so impressing myself with that word.), I ate 1.5 of my 3 buttermilk pancakes and all of the bacon I could. And Patty even gave me (okay, us) a lb. box of See's chocolates! She had read on facebook about my little addiction and inability to share. She is a chocoholic like me and had compassion on my poor suffering soul.

Back on track. After running errands, and calling Security Forces (a story I may or may not share... both sad and embarrassing) to clear something up, and lots of laundry, we set out for the mall so I could splurge again on some more eyeshadow... NARS is quickly becoming a must have for me. Have you seen it in all its sparkly glory? It's beautiful! But I'm done buying it - 2 duos is enough for me. I now have light and dark shades, glittery and non-glittery. Also, I have completely worn down my Toms after a year+ of usage... I really think they should last longer if we're giving them to active children in third world countries, but I'm not in charge, so I'll just support and buy another pair. So that's what I did. I bought the navy this time and I'll keep my grey, holy ones for my 'days off from dressing.'

Back on track. We grabbed some dinner for Mont (french fries and apples from old Mac's), then made the drive home watching the Jungle Book. When the kids were finally asleep (at 8:30), Mark and I set to work packing up everything in boxes and bags, then Mark braved the chili rain and loaded the car up as much as he could. What is left are kitchen odds, and other ends.

Our gas tank is full, and tomorrow we set off down a new stretch of highway [for me, at least - I've never driven through Northern Nevada, even if it is my home state] soon after the kiddos wake up, and brave the 12 hour drive to Utah. I'm excited to see some family, fall foliage, and friends. Perfect triad. Also pretty excited to swing a tennis racquet around.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

good luck jayci!

Anonymous said...

wait, where are you moving and why?!

Kristina said...

Chili rain? Sounds delicious!!
Haha, sorry, couldn't resist! :)