October 11, 2011

trap 'em

Today is my dad's birthday! What a guy my dad is.. I love him so much. He makes us all laugh and he makes us all proud. Love you, daddio.

And while we were able to talk face to face, while being miles and miles apart, using the technology that often traps our attention for hours at a time, I still liked this video.. ha! How ironic.


Setting ourselves free the last few days while being with family has been so nice. We've visited, played, wrestled, baked, harvested the garden, and laughed a lot. It's nice to unplug every now and then. But then again... it's so fun to plug right back in and see what's going on with everyone. Happy surfing, internet friends!

Here are some quick pics from today:
 don't know what face this is, but I love his pjs!

This has been happening more often lately, and I love it beyond belief. 

Somehow, these original doors from the SLC Tabernacle have taken up residence in the Reeder's; Stacey remembers going through these doors during General Conference breaks to go say hi to her Grandpa Benson. What special memories these doors hold.. I love that I can see them every day here! 

And my little monkey is really turning a corner, I think. He has been so sweet, fun, gentle and hilariously rambunctious this last week. Hearing new, more complicated words are just so fun coming from him. 

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Gandpa Benson? Are you related to LDS celebrities? I love family and gardens and birthdays and the Internet. It was the only thing that got me through my move here. Here's to invention!

MC Lewis said...

I love that video. Slow, but it has such a good message!

Anonymous said...

Those doors are amazing! How neat for your kids to grow up seeing them regularly!

Kristina said...

Those doors are so cool! I'm distantly related to President Benson (he was my great grandpa's cousin or second cousin, or something like that) so you and I are kinda related too! Sweet! :)