In the background of this afternoon, after sliding the glass door wide open to let in the fresh fall air from outside, the TV was turned on to The Dick Van Dyke Show somehow.
Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang nearly every day for the last 4 weeks or so, I've become quite the fan of Mr. Van Dyke's, and have been curious to see this other show of his. Well now was my chance; granted, it was in between feeding both children, going outside for walks, and fun on the backyard's slab of concrete, and also picking up toys. Fortunately for me, there were a few on back to back, so I caught a few minutes here and there.
I loved it! Mark came home and the last show was wrapping up. We sat down and enjoyed the moment with our two babies and had a laugh at good old American Television.
Have any of you seen it? He has a certain allure about him on screen that makes you laugh and want to watch more, without him being overly silly or obnoxious. I think it's charming. And Mary Tyler Moore is so pretty, not to mention stylish. Her character is very cute in this show, and I love the old fashioned relationship between television husband and wife. Their bedroom set up, and how he tries to scare her even after he turns off the scary movie before bed, then he ends up having the nightmare?
Or how he found a grey hair on her and she is so frustrated with him and her grey hair, that she bleaches her hair which turns into a regretful all day fiasco? All so fun.
If I could find the box sets, I may have to add this to the list of shows/movies to introduce to Mont. So far, he likes the old stuff too.


1 comment:
You described it so well, that now I'm wanting to catch an episode! Sounds cute!
Post a Comment