December 23, 2011

going into hiding


These guys entered into hiding last week when I wrapped them up in a box, brown paper and string. All our gifts this year are wrapped in industrial size and strength brown wrapping paper and cooking twine. I've always loved the warm and comfy look of brown paper packages tied up with string, but with its gaining popularity and ease of online shopping, it was all too convenient to finally have a brown packaged Christmas! I think it's simple goodness at its wrapped up best.

It's fun to think of what fun toys Mont and Emmy will enjoy. Having children, I've found, has allowed Mark and I to transport back to our own childhood, including thoughts revolving around adventure and intrigue. My make-believe adventures mostly circled around animals and adventures in the jungly forests of the tropics. My sister and I had these Safari, Ltd. animals, and I get so excited looking at / for them for Mont. He loves to play with my old ones, so I think he'll be smiling all big and gloriously come Christmas morning. To adventure!!

2 comments:

hairyshoefairy said...

I've been loving that wrapping combo the last few years, too. It's so simple and pretty. The safari animals look like winners to me.

Amy said...

I am a fan of brown paper packaging tied up with string as well. I mean to wrap presents in it, but I have quite the stash of Christmas wrap and then I'm always a sucker for after Christmas sales. But I do love it.